this time last year, a thousand + one tears were cried, 3 suitcases were packed, fifty "last" hugs were given, and one year of bible school was finished.


I am struck with the fact that it has already been one year since I departed the Lone Star State. and even more heart broken when I remember it has been a year, a year people, since I've seen and been with some of my best friends deep in the (big) heart of Texas. I knew I'd make good friends over the time spent there but what I did not know was that I'd be leaving with best friends.
aside from the friend aspect of bible school, I left being filled with the saving knowledge of Christ and His character.  I left with the founding hope that "I have been crucified with Christ. and it's no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me" (galations 2:20 NASB). for the next month, once every week, I will be going through my pages + pages of handwritten notes (from the lecturer + best friend besides me combined), highlighting the most convicting, life changing, + heart moving notes I took over the two semesters. we went book by book so I will be choosing my favourite book studies and selecting key points that have stuck with me. chances are a couple blog entries reflecting on what my head + heart took in will not do my time spent there justice. but i believe in my heart that it will be a time for both reflection + the renewal of my spirit that has been walking out + about in the "real world" for one year.


looking forward to sharing all things wonderful!

emily
x

No comments:

Post a Comment